Another delicious recipe from mummy blogger Haley (The Foxfairies). This week she has been experimenting with pasta and Italian flavours! We think it’s great to introduce your little one to a range of tastes & flavours so you can find out what they love most. What kind of food makes your little one lick their lips?
Chicken and Pesto Pasta
This chicken and pesto pasta recipe is one of our favourite meals to prepare. Full of flavour and lots of different vegetables included, it’s healthy and delicious too. Using the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender makes it so easy to prepare, I’m sure this will become a regular weekly meal for your little ones. Of course this recipe can be adapted to make it a vegetarian, just simply replace the chicken with aubergine. This recipe makes about 5 servings.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 mushrooms
- ¼ courgette
- ¼ red pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1tsp green pesto
- ½ tbsp soft cheese
- Spices to taste – paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper
- Dice the chicken into small cubes and coat with the green pesto and spices.
- Put the chicken into the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender to steam for 10 minutes.
- As the chicken is steaming, begin to boil the pasta and chop up the vegetables into small chunks. Set vegetables to one side.
- Once the chicken has been steamed for 10 minutes, stir and set to steam for another 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes of steaming has finished, drain the excess water, stir the chicken again and add the vegetables. Set the machine to steam for 10 minutes.
- Once the machine has finished you can remove the container from the machine, mix in the soft cheese and serve the chicken and pesto with cooked pasta. If you would like to serve it as a blended sauce, simply set the machine to blend for 1 minute after steaming. As a blended sauce it coats the pasta really well, which makes it easier for babes to pick up to feed themselves.
Happy eating! The Foxfairies x