This week’s wonderful recipe from mummy blogger Haley (The Foxfairies) is a tasty chicken and vegetable curry. We love that Haley introduces exotic flavours to her recipe! Have you tried spicy flavours with your little one? What did they think?
Chicken and Vegetable Curry
This chicken and vegetable curry recipe is extremely simple to prepare, packed full of flavour and has lots of different vegetables for your little ones to enjoy. The tommee tippee baby food steamer blender makes this recipe so quick to make, it is perfect as a mid-week meal. Of course this recipe can be adapted to make it a vegetarian, just simply replace the chicken with aubergine. This recipe makes about 5 servings.
- 1 chicken breast
- 60g butternut squash
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 broccoli floret
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1tsp tomato puree
- ½tbsp soft cheese
- Dice the chicken into small cubes and coat with the curry powder, tomato puree and crushed garlic.
- Put the chicken into the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender to steam for 10 minutes.
- As the chicken is steaming, begin to boil the rice and chop up the vegetables into small chunks. Set vegetables to one side.
- Once the chicken has been steamed for 10 minutes, stir and set to steam for another 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes of steaming has finished, drain the excess water, stir the chicken again and add the vegetables. Set the machine to steam for 10 minutes.
- Once the machine has finished you can remove the container from the machine, mix in the soft cheese and serve with rice. If you would like to serve it as a blended sauce, simply set the machine to blend for 1 minute after steaming.
Happy eating! The Foxfairies x