Terms and conditions
Mattel UK Limited, Mattel House, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4UB (hereinafter the Promoter) is organizing this promotion, called “Win a trip for 2 to WrestleMania 33 with Mattel, TRU and WWE”. The brands participating are: WWE
The winner will win 1x voucher of the total value of £2,500.00, valid for booking your trip which includes return flights and hotel accommodation for 2 people. £2,500.00 will processed by Virgin Holidays (Or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) and will be valid for booking the trip (travel and accommodation only). Please refer to the list below of what this voucher cannot be used for. All additional expenses not covered by these terms and conditions will be charged to the winner.
This promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (with the exception of residents of Northern Ireland), aged 18 years old or over.
Employees of the Promoter, and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally connected to this promotion (employees of the advertising agency and promotion agency and their suppliers) shall not be entitled to enter.
Internet access is required.
The promotion will be communicated to the participants on the Toys R Us social media and website channels as well as these terms and conditions.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully – Any person entering into or participating in this promotion is deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Promotional period
Promotion is open from 25th January 2017 until 23:59 BST on 15th February 2017.
- Entry and participation
- Entry includes mail opt-ins for both TRU and BRU email subscriptions.
- There is a maximum of one entry per person during the promotional period.
- No purchase is necessary.
- WINNERS’ SELECTION
- All of the eligible entries correctly submitted during the promotional period will be entered into a prize draw that will take place on or around the 16th February 2017 by an independent person. The winner will be chosen at random from all correctly submitted entries. The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date.
- 1 winner and 1 reserve will be selected for the main prize: ‘Win a trip for 2 to WrestleMania 33’
- 33 separate runner up winners will be selected for the ‘33 WrestleMania goody bags’ prize
4.1 Main prize (Win a trip for 2 to WrestleMania 33): The winner will win 1x voucher of the total value of £2,500.00, valid for booking return flights and hotel accommodation for 2 people. £2,500.00 will processed by Virgin Holidays (Or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) and will be valid for booking the trip (travel and accommodation).
The trip includes:
- a) The voucher is valued towards covering three nights stay in a 3-star hotel for 2 people. It should be noted that the winner must be aged 18 years or over.
- b) The voucher is valued towards covering return flight tickets for 2 people to Orlando. The airport of departure will be chosen by the winner and must be in located in Great Britain.
- a) and b) must be spent in just one single transaction.
- c) Two tickets for entry to WrestleMania on 2rd April 2017 These will be provided separately to the voucher and the voucher amount does not need to fund any of the tickets for entry.
The £2,500.00 Virgin Holidays (Or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) voucher does not include:
– Expenses related to visa or other travel documents, maintenance, meals, travel insurance, transfers, excursions, guided tours, tickets for events, theme parks, museums, exhibitions, any taxes or other products or services other than those indicated in the previous point (e.g. XXL seats, meals for celiac, etc.).
– Expenses related to changes and/or cancellations of tickets already issued and/or accommodation already booked are subject to the conditions imposed by the providers of travel (airlines, hotels) and will be charged to the winner.
– The additional costs arising from specific requirements other than those written above (more guests, more days of stay, replacing airline tickets with train tickets) will be charged to the winner.
– All additional expenses not covered by these terms and conditions will be charged to the winner.
– Everything that is not expressly mentioned.
The prize is subject to the following conditions:
– Virgin Holidays (Or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) will reserve only the air tickets and the accommodation, according to the preferences of the winner, up to a maximum amount of £2,500.00.
– The reservation is subject to the availability of the hotel and the flight, at the time of reservation. The winner and their guests must make sure that they have valid travel documents (including passports and visas as required), and are solely responsible for all costs in obtaining them. The prize will be forfeited if the proper travel documents are not obtained by the winner and their guest, and nothing will be refunded to the winner.
– The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, withdraw or substitute a prize for an alternative prize or arrangement.
– The Promoter will further not compensate any prize that cannot be redeemed or received by a winner for any reasons beyond its control. The winner is required to independently declare and pay any applicable taxes and charges that a prize gives rise to in the winner’s jurisdiction.
– The total amount of the prize must be spent in just one single transaction, irrespective of the value of the trip booked. If the value of the trip booked is higher than £2,500.00, the winner must pay the difference; on the contrary, if the value of the trip booked is lower than £2,500.00, nothing will be given as a refund.
– In case of booking and subsequent failure to depart for reasons not attributable to the Promoter, the trip will be deemed to be assigned and the winner will no longer have any claims.
– If the winner is unable to enjoy the trip for any reasons beyond the promoter’s control, the prize will be deemed to have been assigned and the winner will have nothing to claim anymore.
– If the winner can’t enjoy the trip in the established dates, they will lose the right to enjoy the trip.
4.2 Runner up prize (33 WrestleMania goody bags):
There are 33 separate runner up goody bag prizes. Each individual winner will receive 1 x goody bag each.
Each goody bags contains:
1 x official Wrestlemania branded drawstring bag
1 x official Wrestlemania branded T-shirt (sizes may vary)
And 1 x official Wrestlemania branded cap (sizes may vary)
- WINNERS’ NOTIFICATION
- The winner will be contacted at the email address used when they entered the promotion, in the first instance by TRU and further prize and detailed information will be followed up by Mattel.
- The winner will need to respond by post by sending the following documents within 10 days from the first contact:
– Personal data: name, last name, phone number, address;
– A copy of their ID card/valid passport or driving licence;
After verifying the information above, the winners will need to sign and send within 10 days:
– The letter of acceptance and confirmation of winner’s eligibility for their prize.
The documents mentioned above must be sent to the following address:
Reference: “Win a trip for 2 to WrestleMania 33 with Mattel, TRU and WWE”
Mattel UK Ltd
UK Consumer Response
Vanwall Business Park
The entrant will be excluded from the promotion in the following cases:
- If they enter data of a non-existent ticket or an already used one.
- If they use systems or devices that allow to insert repetitive data in an automated way. The mere suspicion that a participant is using any automated system for entering repetitive data will result in their immediate exclusion from the promotion.
- If they enter inaccurate, misleading, or false personal data.
- If any of the above irregularities, or any other, is detected after the delivery of the prize, MATTEL reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against the entrant.
- If a winner is unable to take the prize or their participation does not comply with the rules of the promotion or fails to respond within the specified timeframe, the winner risks disqualification and the prize being offered to a reserve in the order in which the reserves were drawn. This process will be followed until the prize is awarded to and accepted by eligible Permitted Participants.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants, including the participant’s identity, age and place of residence, and to disqualify any participant who breaches these terms and conditions or seeks to interfere with the registration process or the operation of the promotion or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the Permitted Participant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the promotion including use of any technical or other device intended to improve the Permitted Participant’s chances of success. The Organizer’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- PRIZE DELIVERY
- The winners will be given an email address and contact from Virgin Holidays (Or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) to book their trip independently.
- All communication with Virgin Holidays (Or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) must be by email.
- Runner up prize delivery of the goody bags will be confirmed with the winners and will be contacted by email.
- By participating in this promotion, participants may accept to receive further communications from the Promoter and selected partners in relation to the Promoter’s products, services and events. The entries in this promotion may enter other promotions of the promoted brands.
- The winner accepts that their personal data (name, surname and photo) will be communicated to third parties and published online and on other communication materials at Mattel’s discretion, including the retailers’ communication materials.
– The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (including indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any prize. However, nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
– The Promoter is not responsible for any technical problems or human error that may result in a registration, submission or entry not being received or being lost or damaged or for any destruction or alteration thereof, or unauthorized access to the website.
– The Promoter’s decisions regarding any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may refuse to award a prize to any person, for non-compliance with these terms and conditions or for any actual or attempted act which is fraudulent, unlawful, inappropriate or otherwise damaging to the reputation or goodwill of the Promoter.
– The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, vary, cancel or suspend an element of the prize if, due to circumstances outside of its control, that element is no longer available. The Promoter will not be responsible for, or liable to the winner, if all or part of a prize is not available or must be varied or cancelled for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or an element of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
– The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts.
– This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
– If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
This promotion shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
The promoter is: Mattel UK Ltd
- Telephone number: 01628 500303
- Email: HELPLINEUK@Mattel.com